metaanalyst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

metaanalyst

Powerful meta-analysis software

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

adjusted estimates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
irene

adjusted estimates Empty
PostSubject: adjusted estimates   adjusted estimates Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 am

Creating a dataset, I would like to input the adjusted estimates and the corresponding CIs, instead of number of cases and controls. Is it possible? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
bimalc

adjusted estimates Empty
PostSubject: I second this request   adjusted estimates Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Many (most?) analyses are done adjusting for known confounders which are commonly known within a particular field. Meta-analysis in these cases requires analysis of the OR and CI/p-values for the variable of interest as opposed to raw counts of events which depend upon both the variable of interest as well as the confounder.
Back to top Go down
irene

adjusted estimates Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjusted estimates   adjusted estimates Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:34 am

Ok, but my problem is that I tried to input the ORs and CIs in Meta-Analyst but the program doesn't allow me to do this. Can I solve this problem? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
bimalc

adjusted estimates Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjusted estimates   adjusted estimates Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 am

irene wrote:
Ok, but my problem is that I tried to input the ORs and CIs in Meta-Analyst but the program doesn't allow me to do this. Can I solve this problem? Thank you.

I know, I wasn't suggesting a solution, only saying I have the same exact problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

adjusted estimates Empty
PostSubject: Re: adjusted estimates   adjusted estimates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adjusted estimates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
metaanalyst :: Help / Troubleshooting-
Jump to: